Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Journal 7: Professional Learning Network

One of the best things about my experience with the professional learning networks is that I was able to share this information with others on my campus.  I got teachers involved who had no idea some of these networks even existed.  From the time I told them to now, I have had so many people respond with such positive feedback!  I also shared Digg with my students so that they would be able to access stories and news about current events without going from one website to another and had a lot of them put the app on their smart phone.  As far as myself is concerned, I did like the RSS feeds the most.  It is simple and I am able to access what I want to read about in no time flat.  The affinity group is still new to me and I haven’t really started to explore that as much as I would like to, it’s on my things to do list over the winter break.  I have been on twitter for a while now, but never post anything.  I don’t care to have followers, I just want to keep updated.  I check this more often than I check my email or any other of my news feeds, including RSS.  I did start a separate account for just education.  Trying to keep my private life from my professional life separate.  I am a big believer in this, it’s part of who I have always been, but with so many teachers adding students and students that just graduate, I just can’t do it.  The new twitter account has been off to a slow start, but I see myself using it a lot and actually posting information to share.  I feel like being a teacher for 10 years now, I have some ideas I would like to share that have helped my become a better teacher, some from what others have passed on to me, and some I have figured out myself.  I have some lesson plans that I think are golden and wouldn’t mind sharing them with others

No comments:

Post a Comment