Friday, December 6, 2013

Journal 4: Project Plan


Journal 4: Project Plan

Plan for your Curriculum Project

Site title: MESSICKS APUSH

Developer: Kurt Messick

Rational or Focus: I want to create a website that my students can find any information they may need regarding my APUSH class. It will contain information about the AP exam itself, test taking strategies, links to additional information to help them prepare for the AP exam. It will also include assignments for my class, worksheets, test dates, behavior expectations, and a calendar.

Main features outline: Home, About Messick's APUSH, APUSH Units, Calendar, APUSH Links.

Content: The following will be the individual web pages within my site:
  • Home
  • About Messick's APUSH
  • APUSH Units
  • Calendar
  • APUSH Links

Target audience: My target audience will be the students in my class taking APUSH. I plan to expand and have links to my regular US History classes ass well and any other classes I may teach in the future.

Design considerations: I want it simple and clean. No clutter with different/random history pictures. Nothing fancy. I want students to be able to navigate through it without getting lost or confused on where to find information they need. I want the colors to be kind on the eyes and comforting so that students don't feel stressed out when they visit my website.

Limiting factors: I want to make sure that I can hide my files so that not everyone in the word can take them from me. The other factor that is important to me is that I would like to have all my lessons and worksheets available online, but not give the students access to them at any time of the year. I want to make only one Unit at a time available for them to access at that time of the year.

Site Map:

Wire frame:

No comments:

Post a Comment