Monday, December 9, 2013

Journal #6: Self Reflection


I would like you to reflect on your learning over the first 5 weeks of the course in a blog post. Your reflection should demonstrate your fundamental understanding of html and css. Share what was the hardest and the most rewarding assignment you have completed in the course. Provide links to the actual assignment (book exercise or lab) hosted on your cal poly account.

Well, I must admit, this is all a little bit overwhelming for me.  I went into this class knowing that I would not fully understand the basics of html coding.  Little did I expect that I had no clue what to do and everything was moving at light speed.  In class, I was able to follow along pretty well until I ran into a problem that took me a little longer to get to the next step and then I was lost.  This happened on a few different occasions and it was really discouraging. It wasn't until I really started to complete the book assignments that things started to come together.  Once I started to get the basic principles of html I started see the screen a little clearer.  It didn't look like the Matrix Code anymore.  I understood where the headings were, what lists look like, adding the herd attribute helped me with linking different pages as well as images.  What really helped me was when I started to go to the lab and work on things and having help where I knew I wouldn't be holding up the entire class to fully understand something.  It gave me confidence to try things because if I messed up, there was someone there to guide me in the right direction.  Being a teacher, I always encourage to students to ask questions, even if it sounds silly, but as a student myself, I didn't feel comfortable not because of the instructor, but because I felt I wasn't up to par on all my assignments and felt guilty for asking a question and slowing everyone else up.  With that being said, I think my most rewarding assignment would be between the web page we created in class and exercise 15.  My first website is just cool.  I remember showing my html code off to one of my classes at work.  I was really proud of it, even though I pretty much just did what you told me to do.  The reason I have a second rewarding assignment is because this one i did on my own and felt like it had the most impact on me with manipulating web design.  Her are the links to the web page I designed (with your help) and in that web page, you can get to my books page and check out exercise 15.


http://www.csupomona.edu/~kmmessick/ged512/

No comments:

Post a Comment